Monday, August 8, 2011

Night Road Trips

About two years ago, there was a "To Do List" in the room that's shared by me and my sister. She posted it before 2009 ended and she said it would serve as our motivation for 2010. Here it goes:

1. Find a job
2. Drive the car by ourselves
3. Lose weight.

Obviously I didn't achieve all of them. I got a job. That's all. I could drive but I do not have proper license to drive alone. Did I lose weight? It was the other way around. As for my sister, she achieved 1 and 2. She's still working on 3 by going to the gym at least thrice a week and attend yoga classes. If you ask why won't I do it too, I must tell you that I do not have enough fund. End of conversation.

So last Friday, she picked me up for the first time at my office. We drove home just the two of us. We shared stories about our work, movies, and other stuff in between while enduring the traffic in EDSA. Curses in between because of bad drivers, we wished we could pimp the car so we could act cool on the highways.It wasn't big of a deal for most of people but it was for me. It was the first time we drove home without our dad driving for us. I don't know but I feel fulfilled we were able to do all things we listed.

That drive made me realize how close we are. We shared the same room forever, we almost killed each other, get crazy over some basketball/football players and actors, and we influenced each other with just about everything in this world. I am thankful I have a sister who, for most of the time has bad temper and terrible attitude, rides life with me no matter what. She's the best friend that will eternally scold and mock me until she's satisfied. 

Next time we promised ourselves to go on a longer trip together with our other two brothers, pimped Volvolok, windows rolled down, and T.I's Whatever You Like on the background. 


*more serious stuff soon
** for the record, I have a super annoying person beside me while writing this blog and it makes me so furious. Good thing this entry isn't about my angst over work. If it is, maybe I punched him already
*** now playing: The Script songs
****I am not obliged to answer all the stupid questions this annoying person is asking me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment